I try to have a quiet time every morning, where, once I have a cup of tea in hand 😏, I sit down with my bible, a note book and a daily devotions book. I have a few versions of the bible but at the moment my favourite one is my ESV (English Standard Version) study bible. I love the study notes. They help me understand my bible better, and also make me more desirous to know more, if that makes sense. Sometimes the notes don't explain a section fully so I have found I start to seek other resources to make my understanding more rounded.
I also love to write down the verses that stand out to me on any given day. Maybe expand on them a little with notes of my own understanding. There is an app (there is always an app for "that"😀) called Bible Hub where I can get numerous commentaries on just about any verse. It is on all the various app stores. Here is a link to their website. I love the resources they have on there. The bible in many versions, commentaries, sermons, devotions, etc. A very very helpful tool.
- AW Tozer, he pulls no punches
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones, says it like it is
- Charles Spurgeon, says it like it is
- John Piper, he also has a devotional app called Solid Joys, brilliant!
- Paul David Tripp
|Image for the Solid Joys App|
- A great bible version, preferably with study notes
- A good solid devotional
- A notebook
- Time to pray
- Lots of good devotional and bible apps out there to expand your bible knowledge
- Cuppa Tea ☕